Known for their diversity in culture by employing the industry’s best, they genuinely believe and demonstrate that their people are their greatest asset and reward generously.
* We strongly encourage applications from diverse candidates
DUTIES REQUIRED IN THIS ROLES
- Direct and guide a team of engineers, each overseeing their individual projects, while simultaneously managing your own project
- Optimise design management, especially managing designs done by external consultants with a strong emphasis on budget and schedule management
- Ensure safe and efficient construction, commissioning, operations, and maintenance
- Plan, coordinate and prepare project deliverables required to initiate, develop and execute assigned projects related to materials handling
- Achieve engineering schedule, budget, and quality requirements
- Engage with stakeholders to investigate requirements, obtain inputs, identify risks and understand the context
- Contribute to the portfolio and team delivery strategies
- Through external and internal partners define and produce scopes of work and deliverables in line with project management processes
- Be part of a high-performing team, constantly improving and pushing the boundaries in technology, processes and value-driving initiatives
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- A minimum of 8 years experience with front loading and design (technical, cost & schedule)
- Strong background and proven track record in projects
- Proven budget and schedule management experience
- A tertiary qualification in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- Background in mining and materials handling (ideal) i.e. ore crushing, conveying & screening, train load-outs, balance machines (stackers & reclaimers), car dumpers, and ship loaders
- Strong project documentation skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- The ability to manage the engineering design process and prepare project deliverables including; scope of work, specifications, execution plans, cost estimates and schedule
- Previous experience working in a matrix functional organization is highly desirable
- Effective stakeholder engagement and communication skills will be critical to success.
In return, you can expect:
A competitive annual salary OR hourly rate is provided for working for a leading mining giant with additional bonus packages. Engage with cross-functional project teams in Perth, including occasional site travel and short-term assignments in the Pilbara Region, you’ll be reporting to the Lead Area Engineer with the flexibility to work from home. There is full relocation assistance provided.
Alchemy Recruitment is a registered and proud preferred industry employer for Women, and we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included and treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.