Alchemy Recruitment Consulting is working with Local Government to secure an experienced Senior Civil Designer for a fulltime permanent opportunity in Cairns. This position is immediately available and actively interviewing.
As the Senior Civil Designer, you will be responsible for the civil design of a range of infrastructure, roads and drainage projects. We require someone with local design experience using local codes and standards.
- Deliver best practice civil design for council projects
- Investigate and prepare concepts, construction drawings, estimates and specifications
- Operate CAD and 12D software, and Design Services CADD systems
- Undertake investigations and stakeholder consultation for a wide range of projects
- Assist with maintenance of engineering plan and asset records
- Supervise junior staff and coach them
- Manage procurement tasks during concept phase
- Degree of Technology in Civil Engineering or similar
- Current Engineers Australia Membership
- Current Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated experience in using 12D, AutoCAD and AutoTurn
- Previous design experience in roads and stormwater infrastructure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
On offer is a secure role, with a 9-day fortnight. This position operates at a Level 6/7 with a salary to reflect this. Pre-employment medical and background checks are required for the successful applicant.
How to Apply:
If you have the required qualifications & looking to secure your next opportunity, we want to hear from you. APPLY NOW or call Jacob on 0402 650 972 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential conversation.
At Alchemy, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included and treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.